Here are more pictures of the in progress set building. I already have the first several coats of grass and sand glued on. Then I added some different colored textures from the same company as the other. It is like colored chunks of cushion foam. I dabbed some glue then sprinkled on the foliage.
I put on plenty but only some of it will stick to the glue. I will have to brush off the excess and refill any holes I find.
Try to remember where real grass would grow and real rock would fall.
Some small pebbles glued on to look like debris that has fallen down. This debris is called “talus” I think.
I had a tree frame from a craft store laying around so I glued some green clumps on the branch tips. It is just started in this photo. I had to let it dry a bit before adding more green to it. This tree frame is just wires twisted together at the trunk and then spread out for the branches. The trunk is wrapped with paper and then painted. Easy enough to make.
The tree on the right is a little bonsai tree that had died on me so I removed all the dead branches and just kept the trunk. I then glued green clumps on the tips and glued the whole thing to the set. Any stick or branch would work for this.
This is a big crack in the paper mache I have to fix and/or hide.
This photo below was taken with a flash. The unflattering flat forward light from the flash will show all the defects and help you see what needs work.
This is what it looks like with the studio lights. You can see the hotspot on the right. I will fix that before shooting.
My puppets will start on the right side as you are looking at it, and will slide down the mountain to the left mostly out of control.
Below you can see some reflection from the paint. It is always better to use flat paint for landscapes but I didn’t have any. I will have to do something to fix that.
Go ahead, make a mess, have some fun.